Nothing is as troubling as living with a nagging sports injury. A sports injury can arise from over training, improper conditioning, and improper training techniques. Failing to warm up before indulging in any sporting activity may aggravate the risk of sports injury.
A sports injury can range from mild to debilitating. If you enjoy sporting activities or attending a gym, but you have stalled due to a recurring sports injury in Elk River, MN, book an appointment with our chiropractor at Bodywise Chiropractic Center. We provide drug-free remedies for pain and strive to restore overall health, enabling you to enjoy an active, sporting, healthy, and vibrant life.
Symptoms of a Sports Injury
The most common symptoms of sports injuries include:
- Sudden, severe pain
- Extreme leg or arm weakness
- Inability to move a joint as usual
- A bone or joint that is visibly out of place
- Unable to place weight on a leg, knee, foot, or ankle
Sports Injuries that Are Treatable by Our Chiropractor
Although any part of the body is vulnerable to injury during a sporting event or an exercising session, most injuries are associated with the musculoskeletal system. This includes bones, muscles, and the rest of the soft tissues in the body. Spinal cord and traumatic brain injuries are relatively rare during sporting activities, but they do happen. Some sports injuries include:
- Muscle sprains and strains
- Dislocated joints
- Fractured bones, including vertebrae
- Knee injuries
- Rotator cuff injury
- Achilles tendon rapture
- Swollen muscles
- Tennis or Golfers elbow
- Hip Flexor Strain
- Groin Pull
- Shin Splints
How Does a Chiropractor Treat Sports Injuries?
Our sports injury chiropractor at Bodywise Chiropractic Center employs non-invasive techniques to administer pain relief and return you to your favorite sporting event stronger than you were before. These chiropractic techniques include:
- Chiropractic Adjustments to realign vertebrae and relieve pain from a sports injury
- Spinal Decompression to increase mobility and relieves herniated discs
- Massage Therapy to relieve stiff muscles and enhances blood flow
- Physical Therapy to help you regain full mobility and allow you to get back into your favorite sport at full strength
Let Our Elk River, MN Chiropractor Treat You Today!
Are you struggling with a chronic sports injury that disrupts your exercising schedule? It's paramount to consult our sports injury chiropractor at Bodywise Chiropractic Center. Don't hesitate to get in touch with us to reserve your appointment today. Our chiropractic team will restore your everyday well-being in sporting activities once again.